[R] Problem with TLC/TK on Ubuntu

Roland Rau roland.rproject at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:25:27 CEST 2008

Hi Davide,

did you check the R Installation and Administration Manual?
In Section A.2.1 you will find some more information.

Make sure that you have the 'dev' packages installed of tcl8.x and tk8.x.

If you don't know where 'tclConfig.sh' and 'tkConfig.sh' are located,
just find them:
locate tclConfig.sh
locate tkConfig.sh

now you will know the path to those two files.
All you need to do now is (in the correct directory of course):
./configure --with-tcl-config=/my/path/to/tclConfig.sh
	--with-tk-config=/my/path/to/tkConfig.sh
make
etc.

I hope this helps,
Roland