[R] How can i do an automatic upgrade of R 2.5.1 to R 2.7.1

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Mon Jul 7 09:07:22 CEST 2008

Hi Jason,

 From your last e-mail I understood that you use Ubuntu, but it would
help if you mentioned that. But enough comments from me, to a
constructive answer :).

To get access to the most recent versions of R and a selection of the
packages you can add CRAN as a debian repository.
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/ gives instructions on how to
do this. I often use the austrian CRAN mirror. Please do not forget to
add the security key using apt-key or else the repository will not work.

cheers and hth,

Paul