[BioC] R/Maanova Tutorial

Dejian Zhao zhaodj at ioz.ac.cn
Mon Mar 22 15:51:08 CET 2010

 Thank you for your detailed tutorial, Ricardo. It is a great help to me,
but there is still something confusing me. It is about the contrast matrix.

Simply speaking, I don't know how to decide the meanings of the columns
in the contrast matrix. You ASSUME the experimental groups are stored
alphabetically (line 199 in YChrom-DE.R), and then construct the
contrast matrix. Are they truely stored in this way? It confused me at
this point when I deal with my own data, because I don't know how my
data is stored. Can you provide a way to decide the actual order of
storage? It will help me build the contrast matrix.

Thanks a lot.

Dejian