[BioC] R/Maanova Tutorial

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Mon Mar 15 22:08:00 CET 2010

Dear Ricardo

that is great. I was wondering whether you'd find it useful -- for
simplifying the maintenance of your tutorial, and improving its 'look
and feel' -- to use the R package and vignette technology.

Probably you don't want to stick the big "Illum_data_sample.txt" example
data into the maanova package, so you could create a separate package
"maanovatutorial" that contains the example data as well as the .Rnw
file for the vignette, similar, say, to how it is done in the estrogen
package:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/data/experiment/html/estrogen.html
(see in particular the inst/extdata and inst/doc subdirectories of that
package).

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

  Verdugo scripsit 13/03/10 18:46:
> Hello:
>
> I am at Gary Churchill's group where R/MAanova is developed and
> maintained. After assisting numerous users with similar issues, I
> though it would be better to write a self contained tutorial that
> would walk newbies through a differential expression analysis using
> contrasts.
>
> You can get the tutorial (data included) and see the expected results at
> http://churchill.jax.org/software/rmaanova/tutorials.shtml
>
> It is well documented, explained step by step.
>
> This is work in progress so comments are welcome. If other tutorials
> would be useful, send an email to maanova at jax.org
>
> Regards,
>
> Ricardo Verdugo
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~