[R] Opening R from Tinn without setting directory each time

Paul Chatfield p.s.chatfield at rdg.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 10:10:34 CEST 2008

Hi - someone has just e-mailed me direct with the answer which it'd be
helpful to paste just so future users who have the same issue can see.  Just
follow the advice below and it works perfectly.

Open a command window (Run;cmd) and cd to the bin directory of your R
installation (cd C:/Program Files....).  Run the program RSetReg.exe and
that's it, Tinn-R should be able to start R.  When you update R repeat the
process.