[R] exact range of axes in plots

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Mon Feb 24 20:36:15 CET 2003

See ?par

Specifically par("usr"), which will give you the actual range of the x
and y axes.

par("xaxp") or par("yaxp") will also give you information on the axis
tick marks.

Be aware that the above pars are altered when log scales are used, so
be sure to read the help file carefully in that situation.

If you want to SET the axis ranges explicitly, most of the plotting
functions take the arguments 'xlim' and 'ylim', which can be used for
that purpose.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz