[R] arsinh

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 25 22:28:13 CET 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Ben Bolker wrote:

>   Do you mean the inverse hyperbolic sin (arcsinh)?  In my experience the
> hyperbolic functions are usually pronounced with a "ch" (as in "church")
> for tanh and sinh or "sh" (for cosh) at the end: "ark-sinch" would be a
> transcription.

In R (and C) it is asinh(), so a-sinch or a-shine.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Professor of Applied Statistics,  http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
University of Oxford,             Tel:  +44 1865 272861 (self)
1 South Parks Road,                     +44 1865 272860 (secr)
Oxford OX1 3TG, UK                Fax:  +44 1865 272595

r-help mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: r-help-request at stat.math.ethz.ch

More information about the R-help mailing list