[BioC] quantile normalization of one dataset to another

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Tue May 22 16:26:49 CEST 2007

Assuming that the second dataset is quantile normalized and that its
expression matrix is called "expression2", what you want to do is:

ref <- sort(expression2[,1])  ## if it is quantile normalized, every
column has the same distribution
for (i in 1:ncol(expression1))
   expression1[order(expression1[,i]),i] <- ref

--
Benilton Carvalho
PhD Candidate
bcarvalh at jhsph.edu