[BioC] Installing Bioconductor Packages

Park-Ng, Zaneta Zaneta.Park-Ng at agresearch.co.nz
Wed May 16 23:49:21 CEST 2007

Hi Pia,

We had the same problem at my workplace, and for us it was indeed a
firewall issue.  To get around it, we had to first find out the name of
our workplace's proxy server, and then get R to connect to this.  From
here R could then access external websites :-)

To get R to connect to the proxy server, you just need to run the
following:

Sys.putenv("http_proxy"="http://name_of_proxy_server")

A wee window may then pop up whereby you need to enter your username and
password if that's what you usually need to do to login, and then once
you've done this, you should be able to run the source line
successfully:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

Hopefully this does the trick for you?

Cheers,