[R] [FORGED] Re: pair correlation function of 3D points

Fri May 1 16:14:47 CEST 2020

    > On 30/04/20 12:28 am, Eric Leroy wrote:

    >> Dear all, I am sorry to see all the reactions I provoked from a
    >> newbie user. Anyway, thank you for the answer I think that the
    >> pcf3est function responds to my question.
    >> Indeed the spatstat is a very impressive library and I am very grateful to the the developers.

    > (1) Not to worry.  Certainly not your fault!

    > (2) I'm glad that the pcf3est() function was useful to you.

    > (3) Thank you for your kind words about spatstat.

    > (4) But *please* --- spatstat is a *package* not a "library"!!!  A
    > library is a *collection* of packages; the library() function "checks
    > out" a package from a library, like checking a book out of a "real"
    > library (bibliothèque en français, just in case there is any confusion,
    > "library" and "libraire" being false cognates).  But I'm sure you knew that.

    > I know that insisting on this distinction is being pedantic --- but it
    > never hurts to get things right!  And saying "library" when you mean
    > "package" upsets Martin Maechler!!! :-)

Thanks a lot, Rolf!

Well, indeed, I've become a teeny bit wiser with age, so
currently, it's just a little inaudible "ouch", and no longer a
real upsetting ...

And yes

> fortunes::fortune("rrgh")

(3 times...rrrrgh...) and why do you think the mailing list is called R-*packages* ???????????
Please do
  for(i in 1:20) cat("It's a package!\n")
   -- Martin Maechler (after a newly released *package* has been called *library* three times in its announcement
      on R-packages)
      R-help (March 2006)

so maybe we can close the thread on a bit of a  cheerful tone.

Best, Martin