[R] 3.6 on debian stretch

Larry Martell |@rry@m@rte|| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 31 21:41:14 CEST 2019

I need to run 3.6 on debian stretch - I followed the instructions here:

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian/

and I was able to install it. But 2 packages I need,  r-cran-caret and
r-cran-ggplot2 will not install:

# apt-get install r-cran-ggplot2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 r-cran-ggplot2 : Depends: r-api-3
                  Depends: r-cran-digest but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-gtable (>= 0.1.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-plyr (>= 1.7.1) but it is not going
to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-reshape2 but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-scales (>= 0.4.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-tibble but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: r-cran-lazyeval but it is not going to be installed

Is there a way to get these 2 packages for my environment?

Thanks!