[R] How to use preProcess in Caret?

Burak Kaymakci bur@k@ym@kc| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 5 11:21:45 CET 2019

Hello there,

Yes, I'd tried scale as well. I mean, I could do my preprocessing
separately and it was working fine.
I was just wondering how preProcess argument in train function works. As
far as I know, when preProcess argument is set, it normalizes inputs but
not outputs.

Then I've figured we could also use recipes and that normalizes both
predictors and outcomes as you wish.

Here
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59126400/how-does-setting-preprocess-argument-in-train-function-in-caret-work?noredirect=1#comment104528951_59126400>
you can take a look at the question I've asked on SO.
You can see the use of recipe in comments below by "missuse".

I will read the link you've shared as well.

Thank you,
Burak

William Michels <wjm1 using caa.columbia.edu>, 4 Ara 2019 Çar, 21:04 tarihinde