[R] Poisson regression with GEE using stepwise selection of independent variables.

Sorkin, John j@orkin @ending from @om@um@ryl@nd@edu
Tue May 22 22:43:55 CEST 2018

Is there any way to perform stepwise Poisson regression with GEE in R?
(I know, and agree that stepwise procedures are not best statistical practice. I have developed a model with 10 independent variables, my client want me to include 50 other independent variables. I, of course, don't what to do this. I am hoping that I can demonstrate that adding additional variables does not make a material change to the results, but I don't want to have to perform this arduous task by hand).
Thank you,
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524