[R] subsetting ls() as per class...

Sat Jul 28 08:18:10 CEST 2018

You can extract the names into a character vector with ls and then use grep(..., values=TRUE ) to select which ones you want to remove, and then pass that list to rm.

However, due to the way R handles memory you are unlikely to see much savings by doing this. I would recommend focusing on creating a script or series of scripts that can allow you to re-create your analysis, and then restarting R whenever you are ready to reduce memory usage. This will have the side benefit of leaving you with a verified-complete record of how your analysis was done.