[R] Reasons to Use R in a Public Administrations and Ideas for a Short Training

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo@i@ell@ @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Apr 18 15:47:21 CEST 2018

Dear All,
Ages ago I posted to this mailing list asking for advice about to
evangelize the use of R in an international public
administration where the fact that R is free is not a decisive factor
(actually its being "freeware" may even be seen negatively). After a
long time, I think it is worthwhile asking the question again and see
what suggestions other users have.

Another question related to that: let's say you have the possibility
to give a short course (most likely short of 10 hours) to people
who are not trained in statistics (people with a background in
international relations or political scientists frustrated at Excel
and who sometimes have to do a number of repetitive tasks). How would
you formulate a short training to make them not R proficient users,
but aware and looking forward to learning more about R?
Any suggestion and/or pointer to online resources is appreciated.
Many thanks

Lorenzo