[R] Survival model error

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 16:14:04 CET 2017

Try putting your data.frame (train_na) as argument to the data=
parameter and then in the formula put the actual variable names but
without the train_na$ prefix.

On 06/11/2017 13:45, Meghna Govil via R-help wrote:
> Thanks David. Could you show me how to do that in my example ?
>
> Thanks,
> Meghna
>
>> On Nov 6, 2017, at 12:58 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> You should stop trying to use matrices on the RHS and using separate vectors to Surv. Instead use a data argument and have the names in your formula refer to column names.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Nov 5, 2017, at 7:21 PM, Meghna Govil via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi - Below is my code and then the error when I run the last line.
>>>
>>> time_np <- train1_na$tte
>>> event_np <- train1_na$censored
>>>

>>> X_np <- cbind(
>>> train1_na$AMT,
>>> train1_na$DISCOUNT_AMT,
>>> train1_na$high_price_pcnt,
>>> train1_na$EM_RECEIVED,
>>> train1_na$DM_RECEIVED,
>>> train1_na$TXN_WITH_RINGCODE,
>>> train1_na$WEB,
>>> train1_na$clearance_pcnt,
>>> train1_na$bts_pcnt,
>>> train1_na$sales_pcnt,
>>> train1_na$holiday_pcnt,
>>> train1_na$TXN,
>>> train1_na$REDEEMED_REWARDS
>>>
>>> )
>>>
>>> # Kaplan-Meier non-parametric analysis
>>>
>>> kmsurvival_np <- survfit(Surv(time_np,event_np) ~ X_np)
>>>
>>> Error in `[.default`(y, who, 1) : (subscript) logical subscript too long
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>> I have tried several things and still get this error.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Meghna

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html