[R] How do I use R to build a dictionary of proper nouns?

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Fri May 5 10:39:25 CEST 2017

Did you try using the table() function, possibly in combination with sort() or rank()?

Consider:

myNouns <- c("proper", "nouns", "domain", "ontology", "dictionary",
             "dictionary", "corpus", "patent", "files", "proper", "nouns",
             "word", "frequency", "file", "preprocess", "corpus", "proper",
             "nouns", "domain", "ontology", "idea", "nouns", "dictionary",
             "dictionary", "corpus", "attachments", "texts", "corpus",
             "preprocesses", "proper", "nouns")

myNounFrequencies <- table(myNouns)
myNounFrequencies

myNounFrequencies <- sort(myNounFrequencies, decreasing = TRUE)
myNounFrequencies

which(names(myNounFrequencies) == "corpus")