[R] [FORGED] Re: Crete stats course

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Mar 15 20:13:33 CET 2017

On 16/03/17 03:57, Bert Gunter wrote:
> Perhaps this has been asked and settled before, but while such courses
> certainly might be of interest to those who read this list, they are
> for profit, and therefore advertising them here does seem somewhat
> inappropriate.
>
> Please, I don't want to start a long discussion or war. Just slap me
> down if I am wrong about this.

I have a *vague* recollection that it *has* been asked before and that
there was a consensus, or a pronouncement from R core (or a combination
of the two; or something like that) that such announcements were OK as
long as they were reasonably brief and not overly frequent.  Or
something like that.

It seems to me that the Highland Statistics ads fall within these
vaguely remembered guidelines.

cheers,

Rolf

--