[R] Looking to understand GPU acceleration in R

Andrej Favia andrejpfavia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 01:29:07 CET 2017

I am a casual user looking to learn about GPU acceleration in R... at a
"new to computers" level (do not use overly technical language with me as I
will not understand what you are saying).

I am on macOS Sierra with an Intel Iris Pro GPU.

1. Can someone produce any simple example in R that uses GPU processing for
my GPU?

2. Is there a way to use the GPU to do an iterative process, such as the
Euler method? This is the kind where, let's say

x <- 5
x <- sin(x) + 3 (or some other complicated recursion)

and repeat this until 10000 steps are reached.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]