[R] Archive format

G.Maubach at gmx.de G.Maubach at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 09:04:00 CEST 2017

Hi Joe,

I have read your question with great interest. I am a little bit astonished to read about your project. There is a big national institute in Germany called GESIS (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/GESIS_%E2%80%93_Leibniz-Institut_f%C3%BCr_Sozialwissenschaften) which does the same job you are trying to set-up since 1986 now. You could try to exchange ideas with them.

Your subject is very complex with regard to reproducible research. You might want to have a look at

(1) https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/ReproducibleResearch.html
(2) Gandrud, Christopher: Reproducible Research with R and R Studio (https://www.amazon.com/Reproducible-Research-Studio-Second-Chapman/dp/1498715370)

Kind regards

Georg