[R] R how to find outliers and zero mean columns?

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:43:14 CEST 2016

How about:

# if a data frame
names(X)[which_cols]

# and if you have rownames:
rownames(X)[which_rows]

My note about hackles was that packages generally don't know what
values are "abnormal" unless you specify them. Just like us. So you
have to specify what the range of "normal" values are, or what
specific values are "abnormal". There is a package named "outliers",
and while it would identify the 99999 value in the example I used, it
wouldn't do so for the -1.

Jim