[R] Help with constrained portfolio optimization

Paulino Levara paulino.levara at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 20:10:26 CEST 2016

Dear R community,

I am a beginner in portfolio optimization and I would appreciate your help
with the next problem:given a set of 10 variables (X), I would like to
obtain the efficient portfolio that minimize the variance taking the
expected return as mean(X), subject to the next constraints:

a) Limit the sum of the weights of the first five variables to 30%
b) Limit the sum of the weights of the last five variables to 70%

What is your suggestion? Can I do this with the portfolio.optim function of
the tseries package?

How Can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.