[R] [FORGED] Re: Help with Binning Data

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:14:05 CEST 2015

Hi Shouro,
While I have enjoyed the continuing discussion on this particular message
(repression may have been a Galtonian slip), there is a lingering doubt in
my mind. You say that you want to categorize the weekly temperatures for
cities in bins of about 5.6 degrees (centigrade?). In almost all of the
cities you include in your sample data (quite a few of which I have
personal experience) the variation in temperature over a day, not to
mention a week, is more than this. Unless you derive some particular
temperature value, many cities will span more than one bin over a week.
Have you already calculated a weekly average from your 3 hour observations?

Jim