[R] Vector of symbols?

Sat Oct 31 19:36:00 CET 2015

I believe it is possible, but R is not really a full-fledged symbolic algebra system so it wouldn't be an intuitive tool to use and what would you do with it once you had it? It is much more useful in R to do something like

f1 <- function( M, A, B, C ) {
    M %*% c( A, B, C )
}

m <- matrix( c( 1,0,-1,0,1,2,0,0,1 ), ncol=3 )
f1( m, 3, 4, 5 )
# [3,]   10

which manipulates numeric values according to your definition.

For future reference... Please post on this list using plain text format... your email was a pain to decipher.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing