[R] Pasting a large chunk of R code in terminals

Thu Oct 29 16:51:18 CET 2015

I highly recommend ?source.

You can use source("clipboard") on windows, but creating complete files that define functions and feeding those complete files to source is a significant step in developing reproducible analyses. Whenever you find yourself pasting more than a couple of lines (one or two function calls) you should be making another function. However, even if you resist making functions you should be making a habit of sourcing complete files from disk rather than passing large chunks of code.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing