[R] Caret Internal Data Representation

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:38:23 CET 2015

Dear All,
I have a data set which contains both categorical and numerical
variables which I analyze using Cubist+the caret framework.
Now, from the generated rules, it is clear that cubist does something
to the categorical variables and probably uses some dummy coding for
them.
However, I cannot right now access the data the way it is transformed
by cubist.
If caret (or the package) need to do some dummy coding of the factors,
how can I access the newly encoded data set?
I suppose this applies to plenty of other packages.
Any suggestion is welcome.
Cheers

Lorenzo