[R] what constitutes a 'complete sentence'?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Jul 6 21:10:24 CEST 2015

> The CRAN guidelines should be rewritten so that they say what they *mean*.
> If a complete sentence is not actually required --- and it seems
abundantly clear
> that it is not --- then guidelines should not say so.  Rather they should
say,
> clearly and comprehensibly, what actually *is* required.

This may be true, but also think of the user when you write the description.
If you are scanning a long list of descriptions looking for a package to
use,
seeing a description that starts with 'A package for' just slows you down.
Seeing a description that includes 'designed to' leaves you wondering if the
implementation is woefully incomplete.  You want to go beyond what CRAN
can test for.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com