[R] DeepNet package - how to add hidden layers?

Charles Determan Jr deter088 at umn.edu
Mon Jan 19 14:03:40 CET 2015

Hi Davide,

You really shouldn't post on multiple forums.  Please see my response on
SO,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27990932/r-deepnet-package-how-to-add-more-hidden-layers-to-my-neural-network,
where I tell you that you can add additional layers by simply adding to the
hidden vector.

Regards,
Charles

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:29 PM, davide.chicco at gmail.com <
davide.chicco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I just started to study the "deepnet" package:
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/deepnet/index.html
>
> It is about "deep leaning", so about the usage of multi-layer neural
> networks.
> I've started to use the train() functions available in the package,
> but I really cannot understand how to add more hidden layers in the
> neural networks.
> Does some of you have an idea?
>
> I am using the sae.dnn.train() function but I cannot understand which
> parameter controls the number of hidden layers.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
>  -- Davide Chicco

Dr. Charles Determan, PhD
Integrated Biosciences