[R] equivalent of R CMD BATCH --vanilla for those who can't do anything non-GUI?

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 23:16:57 CEST 2014

You could have them spawn a vanilla R session using system instead of
the command line:

system('R CMD BATH --vanilla foo.R')

Or you could use the local argument to source to evaluate in a new
environment that does not inherit from the global environment:

source('foo.R', local=new.env(parent=parent.env(.GlobalEnv)))

this will prevent the code seeing anything in the global environment,
but it could still use functions/objects from any loaded packages.