[R] R ERROR- Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection

Thu Aug 28 15:36:00 CEST 2014

Such problems usually come from not understanding where files really are, though sometimes odd file permissions can be the culprit. Understanding how backslashes work in R strings also sometimes causes problems, though you seem to be using forward slashes so that may not apply here.

You may find that reading the help files could provide more accurate picture about the file system from R's point of view than you currently have in your mind.

?list.files
list.files()
?getwd
getwd()
list.files("G:/Software/R-3.1.1/library/dismo/ex")

You should not have to use setwd() to successfully read a file, but it can be convenient.

If you confirm the directory is there but you only see a subset of files that you expect, then you may have a permissions problem. My advice is to stay away from changing permissions if at all possible... it usually only occurs because you were doing something "As Administrator" when you shouldn't have been, and fixing that is a pit of despair and off topic here.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing