[R] R, RStudio, and a server for my iPad.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Apr 12 03:06:52 CEST 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 2:00 PM, John Sorkin wrote:

> I bemoan the fact that I can not run R or Rstudio on my iPad. A possible work around would be to set up a server (probably under Linux), and get the server to present a web page that to would allow me to run R on the server.

I fear that the response so far has been focussing on RStudio when the desire at its minimum was to run interactive R session on an iPad. Why not use an SSH client to connect to a machine that recognizes the security keys?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/server-auditor-ssh-client/id549039908?mt=8

I think RServe could be the server end, but I do not know how graphics devices would be handled. Maybe just create pdfs on the server? Is there a sendfile function that an SSH client could receive and allow the iPad user to open? I think the stats-rosuda-devel mailing list might be the place to find experienced users of such techniques.

--
David.