[R] OrgMassSpecR peak area issue

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Mon Mar 18 20:00:06 CET 2013

If you type DrawChromatogram you can see the method used to calculate the peak area.  Looks to me like you could easily hack it if you wanted.  The relevant part about peak areas is this:

        for (j in 1:n) {
            k <- (j%%n) + 1
            x[j] <- peakTime[j] * peakIntensity[k] - peakTime[k] *
                peakIntensity[j]
        }
        peakArea[i] <- abs(sum(x)/2)

which looks pretty standard to me, though I'm not clear right off the top of my head why they are dividing by 2.  You can always contact the maintainer.

Bryan