[R] what is the difference between the function "expand.grid" and "data.frame"?

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat Jun 29 15:10:19 CEST 2013

Just have a look at the two help pages ?expand.grid and ?data.frame.

R experts will wince but I believe that you can think of a data.frame as one type of R object and expand.grid as one very specialized way to create a data.frame.

I guess you can say one is an object and the other is a function to create such an object.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada