[R] readJPEG function cannot open jpeg files

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:04:46 CET 2013

On 13-01-14 12:18 PM, Yi Yuan wrote:
> Hi, guys, my problem is solved.
> I used file.info(list.files(getwd(),full.names=TRUE)) and found out that
> the said file is listed as "kim.jpg" instead of "kim.jpeg". So
> kim<-readJPEG("kim.jpg") worked. Thanks for your help and sorry for my
> newbie question.

Another recommendation I make for all Windows users is to change the
Explorer options to display full filenames.  That would have prevented
this error.  (This is an option in Windows, not in R.)

I've never understood why Microsoft thinks it is good to display
incomplete filenames.  This practice causes so many problems.

Duncan Murdoch