[R] Show density of coordinates per raster pixel

Anja anjabindewald at ymail.com
Sun Jan 6 17:09:35 CET 2013

I have a raster file of the whole world and coordinates (latitude and
longitude). I want to plot the coordinates on the raster file by showing the
densitiy of the coordinates per raster pixel by using colours. So in the end
I can see e.g. dark read at places in the world where there are high
concentrations of coordinates and light red or yellow where there are less
coordinates. Can pls anyone help me with this matter? :-) Thanks!