[R] A couple of questions regarding the survival:::cch function

Ryung Kim ryung.kim at einstein.yu.edu
Sat Aug 24 00:35:42 CEST 2013

Above, I posted what I find may be errors in survival:::Prentice and survival:::LinYing.

Today, I found (what I believe is) another discrepancy/error in survival:::SelfPrentice.

The variance estimator is slightly different from codes of Therneau & Li (1999).

When extracting dfbeta,

Therneau & Li uses db <- db[subcoh == 1,] But the survival:::SelfPrentice uses db <- db[gp == 0,]

In other words, Therneau & Li uses the real subcohort index (including duplicate observations that are internally created) but survival:::SelfPrentice uses the dummy index.

This may very well be intentional by the authors of the program. I am just reporting the discrepancy between the program and the article they cite (Therneau & Li, 1999)