[R] List of non available packages for R 3.0.0 ?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 5 07:30:14 CEST 2013

On 05/04/2013 06:00, Marc Girondot wrote:
> I just try the new R version 3.0.0. All is good until now.
> However, I had the surprise to see that all packages are not available.

For CRAN, they all are, by definition.  They are source packages, not
tied to any version of R (although a dozen or so depend on R >= 3.0.0
and most of those have earlier versions in the archive).

There are two packages which have been withdrawn because they do not
work in R 3.0.0, dataframe and parser.  Much of the facilities of
package 'parser' are in base R now.

This is not the list on which to discuss OS X binary packages - that is
R-sig-mac.

> Until now I found one missing for OSX among these I used: maptools
> Is there a list of packages that were available in CRAN for 2.15 version
> and no more available ?

Eh?  maptools is available: you can build it from source on OS X.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_maptools.html
shows the problem is that rgeos is not on the CRAN build machine: it can
be installed on OS X, though, with the geos binaries from
http://r.research.att.com/libs/ .

So the moral is: do your homework.  Check the CRAN package page for
clues, and try installing from the sources.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk