[R] Estimating the ECDF

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 22:28:41 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Waltenegus Dargie
<waltenegus.dargie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to estimate (mathematically express) the ecdf of a random
> variable using a curve fitting technique. Can anyone help me how to do this?
>
> Thanks.
> Waltenegus

Waltengus,

This is really terribly vague: perhaps you could say more about what
information you have and what sort of curve fitting you're looking
for? Once you've clarified your question, perhaps look into making us
a small reproducible example of what you have and what you want:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

Next time, also don't post in HTML as it messes all sorts of things up.

Cheers,
Michael