[R] for help post-hoc comparisons

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 19:20:10 CEST 2012

On Sep 2, 2012, at 12:16 AM, Luo Yinling wrote:

> Dear R community
>    In my experiment, there are three treatments (F, R, and S), and
> the  storge temperatures of these seeds were 4, 10 and 15. The seeds
> number of the treatment were the same. The question is whether the
> treatments and storage temperatures changed the seed germinating.
> The data attached as a ".csv" file names "g.csv".

The mail server checks to see what file type is attached. If it is not
mime-text, it gets discarded, and I suspect that your mail client sent
it as something else. You might get better success with a vanilla
editor like Notepad on Windows or TextEdit.app on a Mac and make sure
to save with extension ".txt".

If you want everyone to "be on the same page" you should also include
your code.

>  I performed a generalized linear mixed model using glm.  Time and
> Temp are significant (p < 0.0001) and I would like to perform post-
> hoc  comparisons  to check  where the difference among  Time and
> temp categories but I did not find  a solution  in R help list or
> others.

You might want to look at ?p.adjust to see if it will meet your post-
hoc testing needs. If not you can also look at the multcomp package.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Alameda, CA, USA