[R] MANOVA-MANCOVA

paola aikaterini07 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:53:58 CEST 2012

Hi there

I 3 DV and IV( categorical :age, job, sex, studies, marital and continuous
such hoursperday , days per week,children)

I would like to check which of the IV effect the DV and analyse them.

My data is coming form a questionnaire that I hand it out.

I am little be confused of whick mathod I have to use but I decide that
maybe I need MANOVA and create the model
Y1<-cbind(score.sol, score.com.ext, score.pur)
MANOVA.test<-manova(Y1~fsex+fjob+fage+fmarital+fstudies+hrperday+days+children)
summary(MANOVA.test,test="Wilks")
summary.aov(MANOVA.test)

and after that if I want to compare two model
MANOVA.test<-manova(Y1~fsex+fjob+fage+fmarital+fstudies+hrperday+days+children)
MANOVA.test1<-manova(Y1~fsex+fjob+fage+fmarital+fstudies+hrperday)
anova(MANOVA.test,MANOVA.test1 , test="Wilks")

But is this correct?? or I should include only categorical variables and not
continuous. Is the fuction of testing the models correct???

Thank you very much for your help
Katerina