[R] How to visualize relation between two sets of rel. frequencies?

Stefan Sobernig stefan.sobernig at wu.ac.at
Tue Nov 13 13:05:58 CET 2012

I am looking at a data set containing two variables (x,y), each of which
represents relative frequencies (rounded):

data.frame(x = c(0.1,0.6,0.2,0.1), y = c(0.5,0.2,0.2,0.1))

       x    y
1 0.1 0.5
2 0.6 0.2
3 0.2 0.2
4 0.1 0.1

each of the rows reflects a "relation" between x and y, for example in
row 4: 10% of the observations in x account for 10% of the observations
in y.

I feel embarrassed, but my mind went blank, and I can't think of a
proper way of visualizing this "relation" based on the data above (nor
of the appropriate terminology to phrase my question other than "by
example").

My apologies and thanks for your hints!

//stefan