[R] RCurl > postForm() not working for me

Sven D sduve at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 18:27:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying the postForm() function on a very simple webpage:

http://www.colby.edu/chemistry/PChem/Hartree.html

I am simply trying to fill the "Hartrees" text form with the value "100".
But running this:

url = "http://www.colby.edu/chemistry/PChem/Hartree.html"

test = postForm(url, H="100")

cat(test, file = "test.html")
shell.exec("test.html")

returns a identical webpage with an empty htmlForm, so no change.

Why is this not working? I have tried postForm() on several other pages with
the same results. I do get getForm going though.

Anybody ANY experience with these RCurl functions, please help. ANY input is
appreciated. The example functions in the package dont seem to work at all
for postForm() I think all pages are outdated, I also couldnt find any plain
documentation on omegahat.org, cant load the html pages.

Best

Sven