[R] Help with permutation function from Turner et al. 2010 (Ecology)

mlcollyer mlcollyer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 20:23:54 CEST 2012

Dear Ashley,

I am one of the co-authors for these scripts.  I just downloaded the example
files from the ESA archives and ran in naively on some data and it worked
fine.  My guess is that the problem lies in a portion of the script that you
did not provide.  If I had to be more certain with my guess, I bet your 'y'
data are the predicted values from a linear model instead of the raw data.
Therefore, when the permutation procedure tries to shuffle residuals, there
are no residuals to shuffle.

If this is not the case, please email me and I can look at the rest of your
adapted script.  My new email address is michael (dot) collyer (at) wku
(dot) edu.

By the way, one regret that we had after publishing these R scripts in the
ESA archives was to not provide a link for updates.  ESA is going to allow
us to make an amendment.  Look for this change in the near future.  We are
in the process of streamlining the original functions a bit and plan to make
these updates available.

Sincerely,
Michael Collyer
Western Kentucky University, Department of Biology