[R] How can I declare an empty zoo object?

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:18:44 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:40 AM, jpm miao <miaojpm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>    1. I try this
>
>         xzoo <- zoo()
>
>        and it does work. OK, I will read the reference you provide to find
> out why not to do so
>
>     2. How can I create an array of zoo objects?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by an array of zoo objects: the
"data" of the zoo object can be a matrix so you can have rows and
columns and all that. Alternatively you can stick the different zoo
objects in a list (as you can with any R object)

>     3. Do you mean by "R's wisest virgil" Pat Burns' R Inferno?

Well, Pat Burns himself really -- see, e.g.,
http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Italian_Studies/LD/numbers/04/hollander.html
or less technically, http://www.shmoop.com/inferno/virgil.html.

Michael