[R] computing a subset using a loop

burton030 burton69 at hotmail.de
Mon Jul 16 17:14:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

thanks I think now I understand how it works...

I m using now this code for the first specie in all my transect IDs.

df.s <- split(Baumdaten, list(Baumdaten$transectID, Baumdaten$Baumart), drop
= TRUE)
head(names(df.s), 10)
"A_SEF_Abies alba" "A_LEF_Abies alba" "B_SEF_Abies alba" "B_LEF_Abies alba"
"C_SEF_Abies alba" "C_LEF_Abies alba" "D_SEF_Abies alba" "D_LEF_Abies alba"
"E_SEF_Abies alba" "E_LEF_Abies alba"

 But can you tell me how, I can make subsets out of one of the subsets. For
example I want boxplot for the variable age.

Is it something like this? It dosent work, I know...

lapply(df.s,boxplot(A_SEF_Abies alba$Baumart))

Thanks in advanced