[R] R code help to change table format

peziza jenkerekes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:23:52 CEST 2012

I am trying to input an OTU table into EstimateS, however, the format of the
OTU table has to be changed to fit the format EstimateS will accept. In R, I
would like to change the format of the OTU table (from excel).  Here is what
I need to do, take Example 1 and create Example 2.  The problem is that I
have hundreds of OTUs, so I can't do this by hand (and I'd love to have a
code that I could use for different OTU tables).
Thanks!

Example 1                                             Example 2
Species         Abundance                         Species
1                             3                                           1
2                             2                                           1
3                             2                                           1
4                             2                                           2
5                             4                                           2

3

3

4

4