[R] Extracting arithmetic mean for specific values from multiple .txt-files

vimmster superdodge at gmx.net
Mon Jul 9 15:54:09 CEST 2012

Dear Mr. Barradas,

your solution comes very close to what I want.

But I have two questions left:

First question: If "R" computes the mean for the reaction times of test
subject 34 (the example I provided above), it says "310112.0", but if I use
the "mean"-function in Excel it says "345.210". Apart from the dots in the
column of interest (which you mentioned before), the mean is obviously not
the same. Do you have any idea why?

Second question: Why are the dots in the column of interest problematic?

Kind regards