[R] goodness of fit for glms

kerry1912 kerry1912 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:24:47 CET 2012

We are working on trying to find how well glm models fit our set of sports
results. We want to consider the following two models and work out which one
fits the data better:

>summary(Tries.Team.Ha.glm)

(Dispersion parameter for poisson family taken to be 1)

    Null deviance: 321.46  on 269  degrees of freedom
Residual deviance: 274.15  on 257  degrees of freedom
AIC: 879.06

Number of Fisher Scoring iterations: 5

and
> summary(Tries.Team.Ha.Distance.glm)

(Dispersion parameter for poisson family taken to be 1)

    Null deviance: 321.46  on 269  degrees of freedom
Residual deviance: 272.06  on 256  degrees of freedom
AIC: 878.97

Number of Fisher Scoring iterations: 5

Many thanks.