[R] Error when running coeftest in plm

Hien Nguyen hien.nmsu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 08:47:54 CEST 2012

Dear R-helpers,

I am using plm package to run panel data analysis for different models
with different dependent variables. After running the PLM, I run the
COEFTEST(plm1, vcovBK) to get the panel corrected standard errors. I got
the PCSEs for some of the models but some tests produce error message.
In one of the COEFTEST, the error message is:

Error in solve.default(crossprod(demX)) :
   system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number =
1.404e-017

What should I do to fix it and get the PCSEs?

Thanks a lot,

Hien Nguyen