[R] break.axis all range of data

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Oct 6 12:11:50 CEST 2011

On 10/06/2011 12:31 AM, Heverkuhn Heverkuhn wrote:
> ..all the point from 8 to 13.
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Heverkuhn Heverkuhn<heverkuhn at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The problem with that function is that it does not really separate the
>> 2parts of the graph but it inserts , when style is gap, a blank strip that
>> cover axis and points. So for example if a insert it at 8 and I set the gap
>> of length 5 , it would cancel al the point from 8 to 10.
 >> I would like to increase the distance between x tick-marks 8 and 9,
 >> and not connect the points  x=8 and x=9.

Ah, I think I see what you want. You want an axis like this:

axis(1,at=c(1:8,10:37),labels=1:36)

and to get your points right, you would have to do something like:

plot(c(1:8,10:37),1:36,xaxt="n")
lines(1:8,1:8)
lines(10:37,9:36)

first. This is more or less the reverse of the gap.* functions in the
plotrix package.

Jim